The walk is all about promoting good health and to support our Wellbeing Service which helps local people with the emotional and physical effects of cancer, through counselling, complementary therapies, and group work. The average cost of a counselling and complementary therapy session is approx. £33.00 and there lies the challenge, to raise this amount in sponsorship by entering the walk.
The walk starts at Woodhouse Grove Car Park, opposite Stansfield Arms, Bradford BD10 0NR.
- Registration from 6.30pm followed by a short warm up session.
- Start of walk – approx. 6.45pm – Bottled water will be provided.
- Finish – approx. 8.15pm
- Presentation of certificates will conclude the evening.
- Wearing sensible, suitable footwear is essential, as parts of the route along the riverbank may be muddy.
- Participants are also asked to bring a torch.
- Participants are asked to try to raise a minimum of just £33.00 in sponsorship to provide a counselling or complementary session from our Wellbeing Team.
- This will be collected via your Facebook page, JustGiving page or sponsorship form.
To register, Click Here.
A £5.00 registration fee applies to help cover the cost of admin, water, and certificates.
Details of how to set up a donation page via your Facebook account and JustGiving will be given on receipt of registration forms and fees. Sponsorship forms will also be available if required.
Did you know?
- Cancer Support is an independent charity.
- We help patients, carers, and their families with the practical, and emotional effects of a cancer to help them live well with, and beyond a diagnosis.
- Thousands of people benefit, every year, from our services which are FREE.
Thank you in anticipation of your support for this event.
CSY ‘Big enough to deliver, small enough to care’
Call us on: