As a Welfare Rights Assistant you will work collaboratively with the Welfare Rights Team in our Bradford Centre to support people affected by cancer to access the financial support they need.
Depending on experience you could be assisting clients to claim Disability Benefits such as Attendance Allowance and Personal Independence Payment. If you have no Welfare Rights experience you could be researching additional grants and funding available to our clients with a view to further developing your knowledge/skills.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- have an awareness of the Benefits system, although this is not essential
- have a desire to help and support people in need
- are computer literate and has the willingness and ability to learn to use databases.
- have good communication skills and is able to maintain confidentiality about client issues and their contact with the charity.
- have a willingness to work with people who are facing stressful situations and who may be distressed.
- have basic numeracy skills
We can offer:
- an opportunity to gain, develop or refresh skills in Welfare Rights Advice.
- an opportunity to use/ develop administration, interpersonal and IT skills.
- an opportunity to boost your CV
- a chance to make a difference to people affected by cancer.
This role is available from 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday. The hours flexible to suit your availability but ideally you will be available about 6 hours per week, or more if you have the time.
Induction/training is needed in order to carry out this role so some flexibility will be needed to attend training sessions.
Please return to by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post: Cancer Support, Daisy House Farm, 44 Smith Lane, Bradford, BD9 6DA.
We need you!
Become A Volunteer
Our team of volunteers are an invaluable part of our organisationApply Now to become a volunteer